Monday, March 19, 2007

more notes to self

My friend, Kathryn reminded me that I too need to make a few notes to help me remember certain things. Today's note to self would be to check all pants pockets before placing them into the washer/dryer. You see, my son went on an adventure to Dave and Buster's on Saturday for a school function. He earned all of these tickets from playing video games and stuffed them into his pockets. He came home and announced that he was going to save them all and earn more tickets to win a really "great" prize! So me, being the brilliant Mother that I am, did not check said pockets (nor do I ever bother to check any pockets) before laundering them today. As I was pulling out ticket after ticket, and lint glob upon lint glob, I asked him, "Just how many tickets did you win on Saturday?" J: "129 Mom, why?" Me:"Oh, just curious..."

Do you know how much lint 129 tickets produces? I have yet to see the end of it. Three loads later and I am still pulling out tickets from the dryer, clothes, and lint trap and I haven't even folded the laundry yet. I know tickets aren't as bad as lipstick or gum, but how am I going to come up with 129 tickets??!!!

11 comments:

Mumsy said...

OHHHHHH.....that sounds so messy.

I'm famous for forgetting to remove other things from the laundry. Like, uh, certain products just for women. Luckily I catch those before they go in the dryer. Disgusting, I know.

Jenni said...

Oh, I do that too Lindsey, along with the occasional pull-up, they wash up quite well though! Nice.

Shauna said...

I will take lint over crayons.... been there done that... all though I learned that WD40 removes melted crayon stains from the load of WHITES, no less... a tidbit of education I did not bargain for... I NEVER check pockets.

love.boxes said...

I'm sorry Jenni. That stinks! :) I hope you can find 129 tickets, just take the principle your lint...

acte gratuit said...

That's pretty funny. I've got about 10 left over Chuck E Cheese tickets if it'll help!?!
;)

liz said...

hope you are good at skee ball.

Denise said...

Have you already thrown out the ticket remnants? Sometimes places like that will just replace them out of pity. Go in looking really desparate. That, or as Liz says, good luck at the skee ball. Choose the end lane so that you can just stand on the side and drop the balls in. (did I just say that?)

Kathryn said...

That is a great note to self!

At Chuck E Cheese it takes like 300 tickets to get anything that's worth more than one dollar! I bet he'd like a $5 bill.

Shelese said...

Ha, great post! And great tip from denise... (just skee ball in the end lane) ha!! genius!

Shelese said...

I thought of you this morning as I pulled my kids soggy board book out of the washer.

Alicia said...

That's memorable! I love it!