Monday, October 02, 2006

Crepes

This is what I made this weekend for breakfast. This is standard fare in our household since my kids won't eat pancakes...huh? What is wrong with them??!! I like to put chocolate, bananas and whipped cream in mine, although there are a million good things to put inside. Here is the recipe:


1 1/3 cups whole millk
1 cup all purpose flour
3 large eggs
3 T. melted butter
1 T. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. salt
2T. -1/4 c. wheat germ (opt.)

Mix all of the above ingredients in blender, or hand held immersion blender. Heat skillet over medium heat and spread a thin layer of butter to coat. Pour 2 T. or so of batter into pan, enough to cover bottom of pan making a very thin layer by swirling. Cook until edges are light brown and flip to cook other side. Fill with lots of good things. See how easy?

5 comments:

Mo said...

Stop trying to put in the wheat germ. Gross.

Erin said...

yummy, yummy. i love to put wheat germ in things.

Lisa said...

This is Andrew's favorite! He always wants me to make them on the night that he gets to pick dinner.

Anonymous said...

MMM... I wish I was at your house last weekend.

Anonymous said...

Me, too. I have never attempted crepes. They scare me because they are so thin.