Monday, January 08, 2007

Chocolate, not Gingerbread Cupcakes

Ever since I made gingerbread muffins last week (and my husband thought they were chocolate) my adorable husband, has been bugging me to make these. This recipe is one of the better chocolate cupcake recipes that I have found. So good that they can almost stand alone without any frosting, now that is the sign of a good cupcake. Just the right chocolate flavor, dense, moist, and rich thanks to the sour cream. Do not be decieved, I do not frost mine like this picture seen here, but I do use an easy butter cream like this:

1 stick butter, room temp.
1 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar (or more as needed for consistency)
1/2 t. vanilla

for chocolate frosting, add some cocoa powder to frosting maybe 1/4 c. or so

P.S. The picture you see here is Martha Stewart's Hi Hat cupcakes

4 comments:

love.boxes said...

Way cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for the perfect chocolate cupcake recipe (the vanilla I think I've got down). I need to satisfy my chocolate fix ASAP!!! Thanks, Jenni!

Mumsy said...

Yummy. I love the way those cupcakes look. So cute.

I made a flourless chocolate cake last week that I think you will like. I'm gonna e-mail you the recipe.

Denise said...

Mmmmm. Tell you what...you bake some of these up and then give me a call. These look worth the drive. And with your company to boot, RI here I come!