Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Landslide!

I read this book when I was a kid and absolutely loved it. I recently introduced it to my older kids and just finished reading it again and still love it. The image of these five children trapped under the earth, in a house for their entire Christmas vacation, has always stayed with me. I remember trying to imagine myself in that same situation and trying to think of ways to get out/survive. How awful! I tried to find a copy in my local library, but it doesn't seem to be in circulation any longer. I did buy a library bound copy from amazon.com for a really great price, though. Maybe you read this as a kid too?

5 comments:

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

I love a good book recommendation! I'll have to check this out.

love.boxes said...

Thanks Jenni, Char-bee loves and adventure story. Also, if you get a chance will you look at the cookies on my blog and give me any idea of how to make the pretty red writing they have on the conversation hearts. I'm Totally stumped and I don't think I can afford these for my neices shower, too many people so I kinda wanted to make some. I could just make sugar cookies and put the candies on, but these are really cute. Any suggestions would be welcome. Miss you & Love you!

love.boxes said...

Or, any other conversation heartish ideas that you have.

love.boxes said...

Jenni, your flooring comment was perfect. I really love the black and white kitchen idea it's a classic. I probably can't get a new floor for two more years, but there's no time like the present to make sure I've thought of everything. I have to think about it for awhile.

Shauna said...

Jenni-
This is much better than MySpace!!!!