Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Lemon-Blueberry Cake with White Chocolate and Cream Cheese Frosting

I love this cake. I love the frosting, it's not too sweet, great consistency and compliment for the cake. Do make this frosting for this cake, they were made for each other. I love blueberries and lemon together, it is such a Springy combination to me. The nice thing about this cake is that the whole thing freezes well. I have wrapped individual slices and frozen them and taken them out of the freezer whenever I needed a little cake, which is about everyday. I really didn't need to freeze this cake because it was gone in no time, but do keep it cold in the refrigerator and do use cake flour. Next time I make this cake, I think I'll make it into cupcakes. Maybe Spring would come at last if we all made this cake and joined hands and did a little dance!

Photo: epicurious.com

8 comments:

GeNee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

I'll do a little dance if you make me this cake (again).

Shauna said...

A girl can gain a few inches just reading your yummy recommendations!
Do the spring dance, yet in a manner that we get to keep this gorgeous spring in S Florida. I am thinking it feels here, like it is supposed to feel there! Cool am and pm with perfect afternoons.

Mumsy said...

I'm renaming it "The Jenni Cake" because every time I eat that cake, I think of you and that time you made 3 (3) for RS. Blueberry and Lemon always remind me of you.

love.boxes said...

I love anything with lemon. Sounds great!

Andy said...

I thought you would be the perfect person to help my friend out with her New York adventures. Any suggestions?

www.washingtonium.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

That looks so yum!

Lisa said...

This looks so great - I will need to try it!